On June 8, 2006, the Connecticut Funeral Director's Association, a statewide organization that promotes the upholding of ethical standards in funeral service, honored the Abriola Family for 100 years of service to the Greater Bridgeport Community.
In 1906, Louis A. Abriola opened Bridgeport's first Italian American funeral home on Hamilton Street. In 1916 the funeral home moved to 426 East Washington Avenue across from the Holy Rosary Church on Bridgeport's East Side. In July 1999, through efforts of third generation funeral director, Kenneth Abriola and his son, fourth generation funeral director, James Abriola, the family completed a renovation and addition to a historic Trumbull estate and opened the Abriola Parkview Funeral Home, 419 White Plains Rd., Trumbull.
The Abriola Family proudly displays several old photographs and heirloom antique pieces collected during the past 100 years.
|Pictured from left to right: CFDA President Rodney Bourdeau, Kenneth, James, Laura and Jean Abriola.|